Todays post I thought I would choose something more festive since it's now the 7th of December!! As some of you might have noticed I'm not taking part in Blogmas this year and thats because I was recently promoted to Supervisor at work so I have been working non stop recently!
During winter. especially the christmas period I love drinking hot chocolate and eating cute cupcakes so I thought I would share with you my quick and easy recipes.
To make the adorable festive cupcakes you will need:
- 110g softened butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g self raising flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1tsp baking powder
Icing & Decoration
- 140g butter softened
- 280g icing sugar
- green food colouring
- white chocolate
- red sprinkles
- drop of vanilla extract
- mini mint matchstick chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line your cupcake tin with cases.
- Cream the Butter and caster sugar together in a bowl until pale, then slowly beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder until the mixture is combined
- Once combined evenly fill your cupcake cases and put in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- For the buttercream you want to beat the butter until it is pale and then slowly add the icing sugar, keep beating until it is much paler.
- Then add a little green food colouring and vanilla extract.
- put in to the fridge until you need it.
- To create your christmas trees melt the chocolate in a bowl add green food colour, once its all melted put the chocolate in a piping bag.
- place the mini match sticks on grease proof paper and begin creating your christmas tree.
- once they have set you can decorate your cupcakes :)
- First you want to select your favourite mug
- You then want to pour some milk into your mug and heat it up in the microwave.
- Next add 3-4 heaped teaspoons of hot chocolate (I like cadburys), stir until it is all mixes in.
- You then want to use squirty cream on the top, add some marshmallows, sprinkles and a candy cane. Voila a delicious christmassy drink.
Tip: The candy cane gives your hot chocolate a hint of peppermint, delicious!
What are your favourite treats for this time of year?