Belive it or not I am actually really superstitious which I didn't realise until I was thinking about all of the different superstitions.
1. Itching nose, I believe if my nose itches then I am going to get in to a fight with someone, so I tend to be extra nice to people that day!
2. Crossing my fingers, If I want something good to happen like a lot of people do I cross my fingers. I know its something that kids do but I guess I haven't ever grown out of it.
3. Karma, It isn't technically a superstition but I thought I would include it. I truly believe in karma. I believe if you do good then good will come to you and vice versa. But I also believe that it has a lot to do with your thoughts. I believe karma is a lot to do with if you think negatively then negative things will happen but if you are positive then positive things will happen.
4. 'Touch wood', this is something people say when then want something good to happen or don't wan tot jinx something. e.g. 'I think that job interview went well, touch wood' you either touch actual wood when saying it or you touch your head. I do this all the time I don't even realise I'm doing it!
5. Finally the big mumma! Magpies! have you ever heard the poem... 1 for sorrow, 2 for joy, 3 for a girl, 4 for a boy (it goes on and on) basically people believe that magpies and bring good and bad luck. So a lot of people salute them if they see then. Which is what I do, I aways see magpies, literally all the time and without fail I will salute them.
I have no idea why I am so superstitious but I have been for as long as I can remember. There are so many other things I am superstitious about but if I listen them all you would be here all day!
Do you have any superstitions?